A Few Things That Teenage ME Despises About Today's ME
I forget who I stole this great list idea from!! Inspired by @tothemaxxx posting the pic below today...
- •(For reference: here I am age 14 wearing an ensemble I hated to a dance I desperately wanted to be enjoying. Max is on the L. My future boyfriend is between us, in brown.)
- •Ahem: I sometimes wear "brand name" clothes/bags/shoesVisible logos were the epitome of everything that was wrong with America.
- •Equally damning: I wear clothes that show some percentage of skinI was so highly committed to modesty (FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON OTHER THAN MY OWN NEUROSES) that I asked for a turtlenecked bathing suit every single summer in a row ages 11-16.
- •I eat meatVegetarian ages 7-23, I would be HORRIFIED
- •I dye my hairI was very proud of having virgin hair, to go along with my virgin everything else WHY WHY WHY
- •I drink alcohol in a vvv casual wayHorrors
- •Furthermore: I watch TV on the regular and listen to pop musicThese were for PLEBEIANS ONLY
- •I am no longer fluent in Spanish and remember absolutely nothing from my 11 plus years of piano lessonsActually I'm pretty mad about this now as well
- •And the nail in the coffin: still haven't figured out a way to live in Hearst Castle.Life-long dream