Best of Nyc: Home Edition
y'all are smart. some of you live in NY. do you know a great plumber? electrician? handyman/woman? secret source for the best lighting fixtures? let's put our resources together...
- •Closets: Lee Kaufman, Gotham ClosetsLee redid our master closet & built a pantry for us. She was smart, reasonable & a perfectionist. Measured twice, cut once. So happy with what she eked out of our space. Can't recommend highly enough. She also does impeccable shelving work.
- •Affordable Vintage Furniture: Furnish GreenThis is my secret source, borrowed from @maya. Bought a little marble-topped desk there for 80 bucks. Lots to comb through, worth the look.
- •Slightly Pricier Vintage Furniture: Cabin ModernThis guy has a great eye and a playful sense of color in reupholstering. He'll keep a look out if you're hunting for something specific. Good lighting fixtures too.
- •Moon River Chatell for fixtures and lights. Also Olde Good Things. Pricier tables and lamps, knick knacks at the Upper RustSuggested by @charlottery
- •My dad. By which I mean he refurbished a p slope brownstone mostly by himself but he also knows who the best anything workers are in the area- flooring, electric, plumbing, metal, whateverSuggested by @dcerruti
- •Handyman - Saxon Palmer, Speedy Fix ItWhile it's not fair to say I'm responsible for this guy's career because he does great work, is nice, and reliable, but I did give him his first Yelp review, so... http://bit.ly/1hvymaESuggested by @betsy