Casablanca Lines, Ranked
top ten: it's all gravy here
- 1.Here's looking at you, kid.panty. dropping.
- 2.I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.probably the best last line ever besides "shut up & deal" and "well, nobody's perfect"
- 3.Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.can't you feel the ache in each of those "all"s?
- 4.The whole song "As Time Goes By"never has a song stood in for dialogue AND functioned as exposition AND advanced the plot AND sounded so sweet as this one
- 5.I bet they're asleep in New York. I bet they're asleep all over America...the whole longing of a tired homesick man in two lines (you don't even need the backstory)
- 6.Round up the usual suspects.so sinister, so funny. everything you need to know abt how Casablanca is run.
- 7.The Germans wore grey, you wore blue.and the movie's in black & white so they basically look the same
- 8.We'll always have Paris.should be higher but i'm still kind of mad at Rick for putting Ilsa on that plane
- 9.How extravagant you are, throwing away women like that. Someday they may be scarce.fucking funny & genius exposition re: war conditions & the state of rick's heart
- 10.This whole place is full of vultures, vultures everywhere.oddly, this is the one that gets stuck in my head? also for a long time i thought he was saying "falchas"