Every Book I Am Bringing To New York
(I did this last summer when I was going to Canada to shoot a movie. This summer I am shooting a movie in NYC. Here are all the books I just culled from my childhood bedroom in LA, for reading & re-reading...)
- •"The Death of the Heart" by Elizabeth BowenMy fave professor in college gave me this book & I never read it
- •"The Best of Everything" by Rona Jaffe@lenadunham gave me this book!
- •"Talk" by Linda RosenkrantzLena also gave me this book.
- •"Eve's Hollywood" by Eve BabitzLena, again. She is my fairy book-mother.
- •"Birds of America" by Lorrie MooreHaven't read it in ten years, time to re-up. Just re-read "Frog Hospital" too.
- •"Survival in Auschwitz" by Primo LeviBought this in high school, never read it.
- •"Other Voices, Other Rooms" by Truman CapoteLoved this in high school, haven't read it since.
- •"The Moviegoer" by Walker PercyAlso loved in high school, also haven't read since
- •"A Favourite of the Gods" by Sybille BedfordSomeone important to me gave me this and I genuinely can't remember who it was. Never read.
- •"Who Do You Think You Are?" By Alice MunroI am bananas 4 Alice Munro. Bought this in canada last year, never read.
- •"She: Understanding Feminine Psychology" by Robert A. JohnsonI truly love this dude's work & am re-reading all of it.
- •Bonus: "The Green Mile" by Stephen KingOk I didn't realize this is just *part* of "The Green Mile." But I love Stephen King, so this will be a place holder for whatever I do read of his this summer.