Memoir by Crush: Girls Edition
I loved them all.
- •1986: Sue ????Preschool teacher w/ a Joan Jett haircut/vibe, small breasts & a lanky frame. Overwhelming.
- •1988: Kate & Nell GreenbergTwin sisters a few years older than me. Kate was fair, Nell was dark. Possessed of exquisite freckles & a shit ton of paper dolls.
- •1992: Peggy Lee dog in "Lady & the Tramp"Practiced her walk & begged my mother not to cut my bangs
- •1995: Ingrid BergmanAt no other time has beauty and talent intersected so completely in one person
- •1997: Smitha SrinivasaA vast 2 years older than me w/ a great laugh and the voice of a Shirelle. We nursed twin unrequited crushes on the same nerdy boy.
- •2001: Patricia ArquetteHer fucked up teeth really got me. Wanted to touch her plush skin & soft body.
- •2006: Patti SmithDreamt about her. Read her poems. Considered getting her tattoo.
- •2013: Frances McDormandDuh