Men I've Wanted to Be
Inspired by @JessePearson. Non-chronological. Mostly about power, it turns out.
- •John CazaleThis is the kind of actor I always wanted to be. I'd trade it all.
- •William Randolph HearstThe first time I stepped into Hearst castle I thought, "Someday this all will be mine." Rapacious material desire.
- •Indiana JonesI want a great hat and a big whip and a doctorate degree. I want to read hieroglyphs and solve mysteries and find treasure. Fuck you, snakes.
- •Brian PatchettThe coolest senior when I was a freshman in high school. He drew comics and made movies and acted and sang and danced, and was kind despite the cornucopia of his talent.
- •JD SalingerI covet the ability, but I might covet the enigma even more.
- •Jude Law circa Talented Mr. Ripley, before the hairline wentBut what would it feel like to be so pretty and a boy? Is there any greater power?
- •Bernini, Carravagio, Van GoghMuch much much more than I want a penis, I would like to have hands that can do what their hands could do. Sorry Sigmund!!!! ✌️
- •John LennonI wanted to kiss Paul but I wanted to be John. Because I have TASTE.
- •Freddie MercuryLike I said, I have TASTE.
- •RFKThis is the good part of my personality. Also, when I was 14, I saw a picture of him on top of a mountain looking hot and white and liberal, and I felt a deep desire to tap into that power.
- •The Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale Bruce WayneJust fucking cool
- •John SteinbeckBetter than Batman