Nyc-->lithuania: Part 1
everyone here speaks english.
- •Stood in line at JFK with the stewardesses of Singapore Airlines, whose coordinated outfits, bags, and shoes would not be out of place at NYFW.
- •German woman at airport lounge would not shut up about how "dirty and old" everything in NYC was. 12 hours later, Wizzair landed me in Vilnius.
- •The KGB museum is full of horrors, including jail in basement, where 1000s of political prisoners were tortured/executed. This is a picture of bags of shredded documents in a cell which once held 15-20 people. Happy Valentine's Day!
- •The upshot of the museum was the record of the strength of these people against all odds. This is a rosary a political prisoner in a labor camp made...out of bread crumbs.
- •The upshot of Vilnius is that despite its blood-steeped history, it is very beautiful...
- •And I have zero preconceived notions, so I'm walking around with my eyes wide open...
- •And this guy is here...
- •And someone in charge of grocery store packaging really gets me.