Already on li.st? Open in app.
I asked my friends & family to weigh in.
- •Mike's unsure.
- •So is Leah.
- •Kendall's pretty certain, tho.
An exploration through screenshots
- •My sister, a straight shooter, calls it as it is.
- •Mom rather succinctly puts Ilana down.
- •Leah adds some nuance to the conversation.
- •Paris in the NudeThis highly Photoshopped image of Paris references both past Sports Illustrated covers and archetypical depictions of Greek Goddesses. Both of these allusions, if you will, paint Paris as the demigod and sex symbol that fans and imitators know and love.
- •Photograph of Monroe and Unidentified ManBehind a back-posing Hilton appears a black and white photograph of Marilyn Monroe and an unidentified man. This particular set up seems to suggest that Hilton is a direct cultural descendant of Monroe, the original Blond Bombshell.
- •Portrait of ParisHere we see a semi-obscured portrait of Hilton. This painting seems to follow the usual conventions of aristocratic portraiture and only serves to remind us of Hilton's immense power, wealth and blue bloodedness.
- •Abbi and Ilana have (or rather create) a problem that they feel is insurmountable but is actually not a problem at all.
- •For most of the episode, Abbi and Ilana run into various obstacles, which, much like their problems, aren't real.
- •Somehow, in the end, they fix the non-problem problem.
- •Oh, and lest I forget, throw some jokes about boners and their Jewish identities in along the way. Omg wait, hey, we have a Judd Apatow series with women!!!