Psychos that major in Psychology
People who have a history of mental health should not be in a position to counsel others. Period.
- •There's a reason why the joke about psych majors being psycho is funny. It's because every good joke starts with a half truth.
- •Maybe it seemed like a good idea in theory, but seeking the counsel of Hannibal Lector never ends well or without consequence.
- •'Setting boundaries' means they're about to cross yours. Pretty much all of psychology is at their disposal now.
- •Platform and respect. Every question they ask is really a set up opportunity for them to answer or lead you to their POV. But now that they're in a position of authority, they expect others to listen up.
- •Awareness. Maybe they entered this field to learn more about themselves but ultimately uses that knowledge to make everyone else seem crazy...or just crazier than them. Deflection instead of true reflection.
- •If at odds, they'll be the first to invalidate your experience (or attempt to), but the last to ever question theirs.
- •It's always about their need for control.