Film Adaptions of the Robin Hood Legend: From the Best to the Worst
- 1.Robin Hood (1973)A fox happens to be the best. Although this film seems to be largely based on the 1938 film, the music score and comedic performances send it over the top.
- 2.The Adventures Robin Hood (1938)Errol Flynn set the bar for all the adaptions of Robin Hood that would follow. The 1938 film is colorful, up-beat, and fun.
- 3.Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)Although this film is a spoof, it has much of the light-hearted fun that other adaptions forgot to include.
- 4.Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)As much as I enjoy Kevin Costner, I found little in this film that made me want to watch it again. Prince of Thieves is one of the first films to make the mistake of trying to make Robin Hood grim.
- 5.Robin Hood (2010)I saw this film in theaters and almost walked out. It is long, grim, and dreadful. I admire the attempt to try to create a historical Robin Hood, but the execution suffered.