FIVE THINGS TO GET OVER THE HEARTACHE (IN EMOTICONS)
Recently single. Not always ready to mingle.
- 1.🐶🐱🐹🐰🐠🐍🐢Talk to your pet. If possible, cuddle your pet. Hold onto pet's fur/cage/tank/bowl - gently. My dog is strengthening my life every day.
- 2.🎹🎸🎤🎼🎶🎶Listen to whatever you need to, even if you usually wouldn't. Maybe you need to replace your heavy metal with some Adele. And, then, don't be afraid to sing along. For me, it's @john's "I'm Gonna Find Another You" at least once a day, though the choice of musician is not unusual.
- 3.🍻🍺🍷🍸🍹It's a cliché, yes, but it's also a great way to spend an evening with great friends. Create new memories in your old neighbourhood. Make it a night to never remember!
- 4.🎁🎁🎁Can you afford to buy yourself one nice thing? Fucking do it. Whatever you wanted but couldn't have because of shared bills or always picking up the tab on date night. Save up for a few weeks or months but do this. Treat yo'self.
- 5.☀️🌲🌷🍂🍁🌿Get outside, no matter the weather. You just need to go out there, smell the air and see everything around you still humming with life. Take a deep breath, and acknowledge the trees not reliant on someone else's heart to survive. Then try and become like those trees. You are resilient.